Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I can't believe its June already....

Welcome to the world little Hannah! A friend that I work with had her baby girl yesterday. She had a pretty easy labor and delivery, and mom and baby are doing great! I can't wait to see her, maybe Stacy and I will stop by tomorrow during lunch.

Now that June is upon us, I've got to step up my game plan for planning the girls' birthday parties. I'm planning on doing a joint party and the Little Gym. Lily has been taking gym classes there for about 6 months and LOVES it. I jumped on the chance to have their party there. I don't have to do much at all. In fact, I just give them my invite list and addresses and they take care of it. Even the decorating and the clean up. Talk about less stress. I figure we'll order a couple of pizzas, have some cake, and the kids will have a blast.

I have a meeting for Lily with the school district next week. We'll be going over all the EI stuff and the psych eval she had done yesterday. Our service coordinator told me last night that she will definitely qualify for the preschool, so I shouldn't be worried. We had a lengthy discussion about being "labeled". Of course I have a fear of Lily being "labeled" as qualifying for "special education", I mean what mother wouldn't fear that? I have to remember that I can't let my fear hold my children back. I mean, Lily will definitely receive so much help from entering this preschool, how can I hold her back? I think I would be doing a disservice to her if I didn't allow her to start this fall. Originally my plan was to start pre-school at the age of 4, so this is a little sooner than I had first planned on, but if she is going to receive the help she needs, I'd rather do it now. Its my goal that her speech and everything else is all caught up by the time she enters kindergarten, but if not, at least she'll be receiving on going help.

On the Julia front....

Our early riser needs some help. LOL. I tried playing with bedtimes last week, normally shes in bed by 7:15ish, so last week I had her going to bed a good hour later, but still she was waking up at the same time, at 6am. Its not so bad if it was me getting up with her, I don't mind the early mornings so much... but Paul on the other hand. Between work and school he is lucky to go to bed at midnight (most nights its later), so 6am isn't really giving him enough sleep. I don't know what else I can do, short of quitting my job.

No comments: