Tuesday, May 29, 2007

fun times

Paul and I were social butterflies this weekend... well sorta... compared to how we usually are.

When I escaped from work on Friday, I went home to my parents, the girls and Paul. Lily, my father and I went to do some grocery shopping so we could have food and not be hungry. We dined on steaks for dinner. Yummy. Lily decided she would grace us with a new "trick" at bedtime... its called, "I'm not staying in my bedroom and I won't go to sleep".... of course she pulls this for the first time when Paul and I are trying to leave to go out. I was standing at the bottom of the stairs just watching her, she'd come out of her room, with a blanket, walk down the hall to our bedroom and put the blanket in our bed, then she'd walk back to her room, get another blanket, and do the same thing. I asked her what she was doing and she told me she was going "night night mommy bed"... ummm no. Its one thing when she curls up there in the morning for some snuggles, but its a whole different thing when Paul and I aren't even there. She was just stalling bedtime. Paul and I kept going up and down the stairs, ushering her back into bed. Finally around 9 she was quiet and didn't come out of her room... so away Paul and I went. We met Jana and her boyfriend out to dinner and drinks in New Paltz. We had a nice time. It was great catching up with Jana (I hadn't seen her since my wedding 3 1/2 years ago, I know, I'm a bad friend!). We remininsced about our crazy college days, how stupid we were, but more importantly, how much fun we had. Paul and I got home a little after midnight, and I know I was exhausted!!!

Saturday, my mother, Lily and I went to gym class. We had a nice time together. When Paul got home from work, we drove down to NYC for a nice romantic dinner. We ate at a little Roman Italian restaurant that we know the owner of. We had a great meal, great wine, great dessert, and most importantly, great conversation. The girls behaved wonderfully for my parents, and Jules even slept through the night. YAY. It was the first time I had left both girls alone at bedtime. I'm really pleased that everything went well.

Sunday was spent SHOPPING. I bought some gifts for a bridal shower I am going to this coming weekend and I bought a dress for the wedding in July. I"m not certain I love the dress. I had wanted something with sleeves or thicker straps, but ended up getting a halter dress. Now the hard part of finding a good bra. Eeeek I hate that. The girls, my parents and I went out to dinner. They behaved so well, and we really had a great time.

All in all it was a really nice weekend. I loved spending the extra time with my parents, and really enjoyed the time out with Paul.

No comments: