Monday, June 11, 2007

6 weeks

There could be some major changes happening in our house in the next six weeks. I can't really get into specifics, but everything could change. Anyone who knows me knows how easily scared I get with big changes. I don't have any control over what could be happening, and it would take a sacrifice on my part (but at the same time, I think I'd end up gaining a lot more than I... but in the end "I think" our lives would be so much better. At least thats what I hope.

We had a nice weekend. On Saturday, Paul and I got to go out to dinner and see a movie. It was really nice to get out together, we had a lot to talk about seeing as how these upcoming changes could happen really fast. We saw Oceans 13. It was a pretty good movie, hell any movie that has George Clooney, Matt Damon and Brad Pitt in it is good for me! My inlaws watched the girls and put them to bed. I felt really guilty for leaving because Julia had a tough time going to sleep. It always makes me feel bad, to know that she is crying when I'm not home. I guess its just a part of "mommy guilt".

We have a busy week this week. On Wednesday I'm taking the girls to Jen's house for a playdate in the afternoon. Thursday the girls have another playdate with some other friends. I also have a meeting with the school district for Lily's preschool entrance for this fall. I've been led to believe that we won't have any problems with her admission, so I'm hoping thats the case. I am getting a little nervous regarding the vaccination issue. Our pediatrician wrote on her medical forms that we are deffering future vaccinations. Luckily our pediatrician knows of a lawyer that specializes in these types of things, so if I get any trouble, I'll know who to call. I'm sure it won't be cheap but it will definitely be worth it. I'm just a little worried that they might bring it up at the meeting this week, and I'm not sure how to deal with it. New York state has very tough vaccine exemption laws, and I believe the only exemption I can claim is religious, but the way that the law is worded I have to do it very carefully. I'm sure I'll spend most of today and tomorrow researching the policies a bit more. I'd just hate for her preschool admission to be held up on her vaccine history.

Julia is so close to walking it isn't even funny. She loves it when I hold her hands and she can walk. We got to the point that she can walk when I just hold one hand. I can't believe she is going to be one soon. I think I'll probably cry when she turns one. We are planning on taking the girls to the Bronx Zoo on her birthday. Jen, Jer and their kids will be going as well. I think we will have a great time together! It will be Jen's birthday as well, so I'll have to think of something to embarrass her with, LOL!

Alright, I'm back to work... I'll have to write more later.

No comments: