Friday, June 15, 2007

yuckies

The yuckies are visiting my house today. Yesterday my ear started hurting and by the time I woke up this morning, I can't swallow, my ear is in soooo much pain and my glands are swollen and tender to the touch. This friggen stinks.... I am in so much pain, I honestly think childbirth was easier. My doctor's office doesn't open for another hour, so I'm at work counting down the minutes until I can call. I hope they can see me really soon.
Yesterday I had Lily's preschool meeting, and she was found to be eligible for the preschool services. When they labelled her as "preschooler with a disability" that was kinda like a knife in the heart, but I know that the label won't mean anything past preschool and that she is going to be receiving the help that she needs right now... and that is all that matters. Now we are just awaiting the approval for the OT eval.
We had some friends over for dinner last night, and the girls got to play with two other little girls. One of the girls has SID (sensory integration disorder), which is something that we think Lily has symptoms of. When we had the psych eval for Lily, they mentioned it was possibily sensory issues, so thats why we are doing the OT eval. Anyways, it was interesting to talk to this little girl's mother about her struggles and such. Her and I had a lot in common, and some things not really in common. She kept pressing me on why we travel so far for our pediatrician and what made her so great... finally I just told her we were selectively vaccinating (which is a lie, because they aren't getting any, but I didn't want to scare her so much), she didn't have much to say after that. Oops.

No comments: