Tuesday, May 1, 2007

ugggg

Ugggggg, what a long weekend. It had the potential to be kinda nice... but after a certain situation on Saturday evening, I had a sour taste in my mouth for the remainder of the weekend.

Saturday started pretty normally, my mother in law came over to watch Julia, so that I could take Lily to gym class. Lily decided she didn't want to wait her turn in class and ended up having a pretty good tantrum where she pulled my hair, bit me, the whole nine yards... so we had a time out right there. I'm a mean mommy. As soon as we get done with gym class Lily informed me she wanted to go to grammy's house and told me to pack her bag... LOL. Wilma was all to happy to have her over, and I knew she would have a good time, so I agreed. Jules and I spent the remainder of the afternoon cleaning house. That evening we (Paul, Jules and I) went out to dinner with my inlaws, my sister in law and Lily. We went out for sushi, yummmmmy! I was happy to go out to dinner with everyone and thought it would be fun. hahaha. Two certain family members decided to take it upon themselves to give my nine month old SAKI. I was and still am truly discusted and completely upset about it. My sister in law put her finger in her glass of saki, then put her finger in Jules' mouth 3 friggen times. HELLO, are you stupid? Apparently. Paul told her not to, and she told him to "relax, it will help her gums".... I was FUMING. I still am. Then my fil let her suck on an empty bottle of saki, and again, Paul told him no, I pulled out a teether and offered that instead. We were both completely ignored. I wanted to leave right then and there, I wanted to bring Lily home with me, I wanted to smack my sister in law, I was so angry.
Anyways, we get home, and I decide that ok, Lily can spend the night there, but in the future I'm not leaving either of my children alone with my sister in law, and I'm not letting Lily spend the night at my inlaws when my sister in law is visiting... and it will be a very very very very long time before I let Jules over there regardless.
I trust my mother in law, I really do, I have a great relationship with her. I honestly do. But I think that it is important to feel listened to and validated. I mean come on, Paul and I are the parents, not them. If we say no to something then guess what... the answer is no. Imagine that...
Now I know and accept the fact that grandparents spoil grandkids. I expect Lily to get to stay up late and watch tv and eat lots of cookies when she is there... heck thats the fun part of having grandparents, right? I know this, I accept it. But come on now, you don't give a nine month old SAKI... are you insane?

Ok maybe I'm writing out of anger, but I think I have a legitimate reason to be upset. I know I'm venting, but honestly everything I've written here, I'd say to her face, so I don't feel bad about it. I know that she loves my kids, but she needs to understand, that they are MY kids well mine and Paul's... NOT HERS.

No comments: