Monday, May 21, 2007

why i should write things down

I really need to be more careful about writing things down in my planner. I am so like my mother in this regard. If I don't write it down, I can promise you it probably won't get done.

This morning before work I noticed the answering machine light blinking. My first thought was that there was some emergency at Paul's job and he would have to go in. I listened to the message and found out that the open house for the pre-school that we want Lily to go to is today. I wrote it down when I had found out about it.... but it didn't make it into my planner, so I had completely forgotten about it.

This is soooooo something my mother would do.

My exciting morning doesn't stop here. I get to work and notice that there are no lights on. Apparently the clinic lost power sometime over the weekend. I'm working with no lights, no phone, and praying my laptop battery doesn't die on me. I even had to pee in a pitchdark bathroom. Fun times.

Anyways, just the makings of a fun Monday morning.


This past week we cut out one of Julia's bottles. She is now down to three 6 ounce bottles of breastmilk a day, with the occasional couple of ounces at night. She seems to be doing well with it. She did wake up two times the other night, but she's cutting tooth #7 and #8 so I expected her sleep patterns would be disturbed a bit. With her taking less bottles, I'm still having to pump around the clock just to keep up. But I keep telling myself its worth it, its only 2 more months and I can do it. I don't think I'll stop pumping at a year, but you can bet your butt I won't be pumping at work anymore. I'll probably pump in the mornings, when I get home from work, and once before bed. I'm hoping by 12 months to have her down to one bottle, so I'm hoping my expectations are pretty reasonable.

I'm excited for this week! My parents are coming to visit on Thursday night. I can't wait to see them and spend some time with them. Its been far too long. Paul and I are planning a night out on Saturday. We are planning to go to one of our favorite restaurants down in NYC. We haven't been there since January of 2006, so a great meal is definitely due! We always seem to go there when I'm pregnant, so I'm looking forward not to being pregnant while we are there, haha.

No comments: