Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Yesterday was an interesting day

Around 10am Paul called and asked me where the first aid kit was. As soon as he said that, I knew I was in for a long day. Jules normally crawls around in the dining room, and normally gets stuck under the table or a chair. Same thing happened yesterday, so Paul went to get her out and noticed there was blood everywhere. Ends up she had spliced her index finger open. We still have NO idea what she cut it on. I have torn apart the dining room looking for something she could have cut herself on, and I can't figure it out. And for any of you who have been in my house, you know my dining room is the cleanest room of my house, there is nothing in there... well we know thats a lie, there was obviously something in there. Anyways, Paul ended up calling the rescue squad around 10:30am because it was still bleeding and he couldnt get a bandage on it. I got home at 11am and Jules was sleeping. Once she got up around 1pm she tore her bandaid off and was bleeding everywhere. I decided that after 3 hours of this, I'd take her to the ER to see if she needed stitches.

Paul came home from work and I headed up to the ER alone with her. All I have to say is that I was pretty happy that I had been through this before last year with Lily, so I knew what to expect. Obviously not happy that either of them needed stitches, but happy that I knew what was going on. It helped me to remain a bit calmer.

The doctor that saw Jules thought she would be able to use the liquid bandage to stop the bleeding, but that didn't work, so it was time for the papoose to come out. Jules was restrained in that while she got 5 stitches on her little finger. She was so upset and traumitized, as was I. Of course she starts screaming mommmmmm, mommmmmmmmm...... her first time saying mom, and this is the situation (believe it or not, this was the first time Lily said mama, when she was getting her stitches done last year).

I ended up lying on the medical documents, when they asked if she was up to date on her immunizations. I've got to do some further research about the tetnus vaccine, and we will follow up with our doctor about that tomorrow. I don't think we will get it, but I'd like to do some research just to make sure.

Anyways, that was my exciting day.

No comments: