Tuesday, March 27, 2007

and we're back

We arrived home yesterday afternoon after a week of fun in the sun. The girls and I had a pretty good time, all things considered. Lily swam a lot in the pool, ate lots of ice cream and had a ball on the beach. We took lots of walks and collected rocks, sea shells and pine-cones. We even managed to hit up a children's museum. Over all it was a great trip. Jules on the other hand cut a tooth (one of like 8 coming in). She still isn't nursing and to be quite honest I'm quickly losing any hope that she will. I've been pumping like mad trying to keep up with her, but its been exhausting and incredibly difficult. At one point I supplemented with a bit of formula and she took it well the first time, but since then she screams every time I try to give her any.... so it looks like formula isn't an option right now.
I did end up taking her to the pediatrician last week before we left and she wasn't sick, no ear infections or anything, just teething and being stubborn.

We managed pretty well at the airports. The kids were well behaved on the way there, in fact Lily was perfectly well behaved on the plane. She did throw a pretty big fit at JFK on our way home, so Paul ended up carrying the screaming child out of the airport. She was overtired, but luckily calmed down once we got into the car and headed home. Jules was great on the plane, she fussed a little during take off and landing, but other than that was pretty good. My parents were a HUGE help and I'm so happy we decided to take a vacation with them. Lily and my mom are so close and it makes me happy she loves her Nana so much! My dad had a great time with Lily and Jules too. Lily even fell asleep next to my dad one night, it was so cute.

I was able to catch up with an old college friend one night. She drove from Miami to visit, a 2-3 hour drive. We were able to go out for a couple of drinks, it was really nice. I definitely enjoyed catching up and reminiscing. Its great how you don't see someone for 2 years but can jump right in and its like you never were apart... I think that's a true friend!

Last night was a tough night. Both kids went to bed pretty easily, but Julia was up a lot at night, and of course didn't want to nurse. She just wanted to be held and rocked to sleep. I don't really mind doing that, but Paul on the other hand was frustrated and definitely upset by these new habits. I hope we can all get back into the swing of things pretty easily in the next couple of days.

No comments: