Tuesday, March 13, 2007

time changes stink

I'm really not adjusting well to this time change. When the alarm clock goes off at 4am, my body is still convinced its only 3am.... yawn, it makes for a rough morning. But I have my coffee and my internet, so all is well.
I keep telling myself that next week at this time I will be on my way to Florida with my two most favorite girls. I can't tell you excited I am getting about it... nervous still, but definitely looking forward to some great quality time with Lily and Julia. We need this, all three of us. As much as I enjoy working I do miss them, and I think a week of hanging out with my girlies is just what I need.
Sibling rivalry has reared its nasty head at our home this past week. Well its been there for a while, but its getting a bit worse. In the past, if Lily wanted to play with something that Julia was playing with, we would have her trade, and it worked for a while. However now that Julia is more mobile and has much more personality, she doesn't really like it when Lily snatches a cool toy away and gives her a block instead. Somehow she has realized that isn't such an even trade. All afternoon I heard Lily yelling "Lily play that, Lily play that, No Ge-ge, No!" (Lily calls Jules, ge-ge). Now when Lily takes something from Julia, Jules crawls right over to her and snatches it back. The first time it happened Lily gave me this odd look like "what the heck just happened Mom?"... kinda funny. We are working on taking turns, and saying please, and I"m sure in time it will work itself out, but it seems like its going to be a slow process.

No comments: