Thursday, March 1, 2007

getting my hair cut today

Today is the day I'm getting my hair chopped off. I still have no idea what I'm going to get done... all I know is that I want at least 3 inches off the bottom layer. Its getting way too long and heavy. I'm going to a new stylist today (my old one had the nerve to quit when she had her baby), I'm hoping this new stylist doesn't do too much damage.

We had another early morning with Julia today. Well I shouldn't say "we", I should say "Paul did". I was leaving around 5ish, and heard Jules waking up. Luckily I had enough time to pump a bottle this morning before I left, so I had assumed that she'd just take the bottle and go back to sleep... unfortunately Paul wasn't so lucky and the two of them started their day before 6am. Its days like this I wish I was a Stay at home mom.... I know how hard Paul works and I know how busy he is with school work. I just wish I could let him sleep more. When I don't have to be up early in the mornings I always let him sleep (I do, even though Lily would rather go in and wake him up). I just feel a lot of "mommy guilt" when I'm at work in the mornings and Paul is so tired. But I suppose there is no use dwelling on it, seeing as how we don't really have an option when it comes to me staying home right now.

My big news today concerns poop. Not mine, but Lily's! She is FINALLY pooping in the potty. She will ONLY do it with Daddy. She is so proud of herself when she poops in the potty and talks about it all day. I just wish I could get her to do it with me... oh well, I'm sure she will soon. I'm just happy that she is pretty much outta diapers (other than naptime and bedtime). At Christmas, my inlaws had given Lily the LeapPad learning system... its educational video games. I'm pretty much against video games for children Lily's age, but figured since it was educational, then as long as it was used in moderation then it really can't cause any harm. We told Lily that once she pooped in the potty she could play this new game. Well when she pooped, we decided to open up the game and set it up... apparently its "parent proof" because neither Paul nor I can figure out how to set it up. Well we had promised Lily a game, so Paul and Lily now play Tiger Woods Golf on the XBox 360 whenever she poops in the potty.... and let me tell you, I've never seen a child so happy to "press the green button".

No comments: