Monday, July 9, 2007

My baby turns 3 today! Ok, well she isn't my baby anymore, but she will always be my first baby. I can't believe she's 3.... the time has gone by way too fast. I do have to say that I do love the age she is at right now. She is filled with so much personality and light. She makes me smile every day and I am forever grateful to her for teaching me love and patience and how to be a good mom.

This weekend was filled with ups and downs. Such is life. On Saturday Lily went to her gym class. She had a great time, as usual. She did so well in the class by herself. I was so proud of her. We then went to a picnic which was long and tiring. Both girls was fussy and tired by the time we left. Luckily Lily passed out in the car, and after a bit of singing and coddling, Julia fell asleep as well. My father in law was driving, so we dropped Paul and I off, and took the sleeping girls back to his house where they spent the night. Paul and I had a night for ourselves, which was nice, and definitely needed. We went out to dinner, did some shopping then got some dessert. We were in bed by 10pm and didn't get out of bed till around 7:30-8am. The girls did great at my inlaws house too! I had written a note with some instructions about Julia (since they had never had her for an overnight). I guess my mother in law didn't like the note and was hurt by it. Ugggg, its not like I wrote the note to be mean or anything, I thought it would help. Oh well.

Yesterday Paul went to pick up the girls from my inlaws. Lily screamed from 11am when she got home, till she took a nap at 1:30, slept til 4, then screamed till after 6. We had Jeff and Jen's wedding rehearsal last night, and Lily was NOT a happy flower girl. She walked down the aisle with tears streaming down her face. I brought her home to my father in law, who took care of the girls while Paul and I went to the rehearsal dinner.

It was a tough day, for various reasons. I was filled with memories from our wedding, and with everything going on right now, it was hard. I'm an angry bitter person right now, and I hate it. But like everyone says, its going to take time and hard work to make some changes. I'm just so tired.

No comments: