Tuesday, July 24, 2007

4 days and counting

I'm officially unemployed as of July 27th. Let me state for the record, this is my choice. Paul has been accepted into the police academy and begins on July 30th. I put in my resignation last week. I can't believe I'm going from career orientated mommy to a stay at home mom. I guess I better break out the PJs and get a box of bon-bons. Just Kidding! I'm excited for this new chapter of our lives that is about to begin. I'm also scared out of my friggen mind. We are taking such a pay cut with me not working, it terrifies me. But in the end, if I was working and paying for daycare, I'd be bringing home like $500 a month, and in my opinion that is sooooo not nearly worth it. I couldn't even put the girls in a daycare center, I'd have to hire someone to come to the house and someone who can drive the girls around, Lily has therapy appointments, and preschool this fall.... finding someone like that would cost me nearly $500 a week..... SO NOT WORTH IT.

Not to mention, I want to raise my kids....


Paul and I have been extremely fortunate the past 3 years to be able to split our shifts so the girls haven't been in daycare, I'm not about to change that now. Sure money will be tight, but we will make it work, we always do.

No comments: