Friday, April 13, 2007

and the ball is rolling

Paul and I took Lily to the doctor's yesterday to voice some of our concerns. Our pediatrician is truly amazing and spent nearly an hour with us. I never felt rushed and she validated our concerns and gave us some great ideas and referrals. Our first step is to get a neuro-psych evaluation done. I'll be calling a local hospital (well not too local) to set this up. Secondly, we will start sensory integration therapy. I can't write too much right now, but based on everything we told our doctor, and even the behaviors Lily exhibited while we were there, our doctor agrees that Lily is somewhere on the spectrum of Autism Disorders.

I'm happy that we are moving forward and she will get the help that she needs, but devestated at the same time. Only another mother could understand.

1 comment:

Maddy said...

We try to.
Best wishes