Tuesday, April 17, 2007

rain rain go away

Its been raining since Saturday night. Yuck. Our neighbors have a new pond in their front yard. I'm happy we are on a hill, so we didn't have any damage. Unfortunately a lot of people in our area weren't so lucky. I had to take the girls out to buy Lily's Flower Girl dress on Sunday in the rain. Luckily Wilma came with me, so I had some extra help. Definitely a good thing. I love Lily's dress, she is going to be such the princess. We've been practicing walking slow. So far its had mixed results. I tried all night last night to get her to try it on so I could take a picture. But she kept telling me "no dress up", she wanted to play with her toolbench instead... what a tomboy.

Work is busy this week. I have a lot of patients to see and a group to run on Friday. Then next week we have a Clinic Administrator meeting that I'm presenting at, then following that meeting I have to go to a school and do my presentation on HIV/AIDS. I have to call Wilma to come over and help Paul with bedtime because getting two kids to bed is no easy task. This Saturday is busy as well. Lily has gym class, then we are off to a wedding celebration down in Westchester, Paul's god-parents' son got married back in January, so they are having a little reception Saturday afternoon. They have never met Julia, and haven't seen Lily since she was about one, so it should be nice. Following that, Jen, Jer and the kids are coming over for dinner.... well Jen is coming over for cosmos.... our husbands are going to take care of the kids while we pretend we are rich housewives, LOL!

On Friday we met with our Early Intervention worker for Lily. Speech therapy will be beginning on May 3. Unfortunately I still haven't heard from our behavioral therapist to set that up, and I'm having difficulty finding a place to do the neuro-psych evaluation. Our EI worker said she could help with that, but I'm sorta wanting to get it done sooner rather than later, and I don't like relying on other people to do things for me.

I guess thats my all too interesting of an update.

No comments: