Friday, December 7, 2007

There's snow, Christmas must be coming!

"Look Mommy, its snowing!!! Christmas must be coming!" So says Lily. Christmas and all the joy and wonder and stress that comes with it, certainly is coming. This weekend I have dedicated to baking and decorating. Maybe even some wrapping if I feel especially motivated. I've been a baking fool the last couple of days and have gotten a good dent in the baking I want to do. Tomorrow, Lily and I will be baking chocolate chip cookies (with red and green chocolate chips that she picked out), pizzelles, and starting our sugar cookies. I'm hoping to also get the tree and the lights up, and do some decorating. We won't be decorating the tree or the sugar cookies till Sunday, when Lily and Julia's aunt is coming over. All in all, it should be a festive weekend.

Next weekend will be quite busy as well. Paul graduates from the police academy on Friday! Can you believe it? I can't! Well I can, because he's worked so hard the past 4 months, and has really kicked butt in the academy. We'll have his graduation ceremony on Friday, a Christmas Party for the girls on Saturday, then a graduation party for his class. So it looks like it should be a fun filled weekend.

We recently found out that Paul will have the entire weekend before Christmas, as well as Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off of work, so I'm thrilled we will have this holiday to spend as a family. Of course he won't have these days off again for the next 7 years, so we are definitely going to take advantage of it and make the most of it.

On a side note, can you believe it, I'm already 23 weeks pregnant!?!? I haven't done a darn thing to prepare for this baby... but I figure we can worry about all that stuff after the holidays.

No comments: