Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Midwife appt yesterday

Yesterday I had my first official appointment with my midwives. Paul, the girls and I had gone about a month ago to meet them and discuss our wishes for a homebirth. So today was my first appointment. The last time we went, one of my midwives had a special cookie with pink frosting that she gave to the girls... and this time she didn't realize I wasn't bringing the girls so she brought them another cookie. I thought it was so thoughtful and nice of her. We decided to split it instead, haha.

I did the normal pee thing, weight and blood pressure thing, they checked my fundal height, measuring 11 weeks. We did hear the heartbeat, for a brief second... the baby was hiding behind the placenta, so we mainly listened to the placenta beating away. Everything looked and sounded good.

The whole appointment took about an hour or so, spent time gabbing and stuff, I really like my midwives, they are so kind and friendly and really made me feel comfortable. I felt like I was talking to old friends.

And yes... we are having a homebirth. I'm excited and looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Heather the Mama Duk said...

I'm so happy for you! Getting to stay at home in labor is such a wonderful thing!